April 19, 2007

My thoughts on Comp 106

Since we're at the end of this class, I figured I'd discuss what I thought about it.

During the beginning, I was a little skeptical of what the syllabus said that we were going to be doing. Not necessarily intimidating, but just curious as to how the events would play out. Overall, I am rather happy with how I handled some of the subjects, and I recommend that it continues to stay this way. I learned a lot about some of the things in my community and I seriously doubt I would ever have known about it without this class.

The blogs I probably could have done without, and maybe replaced with free writing or some smaller essay papers. However, the concept is rather interesting, having an online journal where we are able to write about whatever we want. I think that the blog should be much more concrete in the material that we should report on here, regardless I know that this is supposed to be a medium where we can express how we're feeling. I'd suggest making that optional and recommended, but not one of the mandatory writings.

The CCC readings were nice, in a way. It gave several different perspectives on issues and then we were able to discuss our own views along with the author's in class. I thought that this was handled rather well, although I noticed that it kind of fizzled out towards the end due to the schedule needing more time to focus on the larger projects. I think the pacing should be equally distributed throughout the semester, not so heavy towards the end.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I may edit this later.

No comments: