April 02, 2007

Tentative Thesis

For my final paper, my thesis at the moment is somewhere along the lines of: "the current situation with new construction is having a major negative impact upon a large range of working individuals, ranging from the higher ups to the working family man".

In class searching for articles, I came up with: this link which is a brief discussion about Pulte Homes, which was mentioned in my photo essay. They talk about the decline in new construction, etc.

The majority of my sources at the moment include interviews via phone/email that I'm setting up for the next week. I plan on receiving information from a former builder/lawyer in the Oakland-Macomb area, a currently working real-estate agent, an employee working in a wholesale warehouse, and possibly one of my family members. Also, a different wholesaler has said they could provide charts or graphs detailing the progress of the past few years in terms of sales.

I plan on going to the library tomorrow or Wednesday and looking up a few more article sources from the Free Press. They had a few titles that caught my interest about my topic.

No comments: