April 12, 2007

Something new I heard

In our second paper, the profile on a community member, I had done my focus on Sue Figurski, the head coordinator at the Macomb Food Pantry.

In my paper, I had made a point to emphasize some of the development in charity events over the past few years, and the biggest one that I had mentioned was the L.E.T.S. E.A.T. program, headed by Pete Randazzo.

Well, just about a week ago we got a flier in the mail regarding this years charity event. It's come to be that the L.E.T.S. E.A.T. program is cancelled for the year due to economic difficulties.

This was a surprise to me, but then again, it really shouldn't be. Pete Randazzo is the owner of Randazzo Heating & Cooling, and from what I hear, they're taking a beating in business along with everyone else in Metro Detroit.

Hopefully things will turn around next year and everything will be back to normal.

No comments: